Monday, April 7, 2014

Colorado state competition

The competition at Colorado was intense.  Our steel bridge failed by only 25 pounds due to a defective weld.  The construction team did amazing with their time though.

Our concrete canoe cracked in transport in several areas and we ended up taping it to our mold.  It was approved and we raced anyway and brought home a spirit of the competition award.  The canoes other schools do are amazing.  Next year I know more and want to do well.

We learned a lot and had a lot of fun.  My body is exhausted and I didn't have time to finish all my homework.  However, it was definitely worth the experience.  I have a lot to catch up on though..

Next year we CAN be a competitive force.  I know what to do and I want to do well.  Next year is in New Mexico so it will be warmer.  It was quite cold this time.

Wish us luck for next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment